Wednesday, January 13, 2021

January 13, 2021 - Top 5 Songs I'm Listening to This Month/Some Discussion

Hello there, Happy Wednesday! How's your week been so far? I've been cleaning our basement and trying to turn it into a music/craft/videogame room. Heres a picture of it so far-

 


It's not quite done yet, as you can tell 😁
Okay now I'll get to the point, so far this month and also in December I've been listening to some pretty interesting music, I think I should share it with you. I'll tell you what I think about about it.

#1 Holding On to You - Twenty One Pilots
Music Type: Twenty One Pilots Is kinda a mixure of many styles, Wikipedia says Alternative Hip Hop, Electropop, Indie, Rockrap, Alternative Rock
Why I'm Listening: This is a classic TØP song I've had on my mp3 player for ages. Every once in awhile I'll be obsessed with a certain TØP song for like a solid month.
What I Like About this Song: I really love the beat and the sound of this song. I also love the lyrics, another thing I love about TØP is the lyrics that actually connect with people. My favorite lyrics from this song are "Lyrics that mean nothing, We were gifted with thought. Is it time to move our feet to an intropective beat? It ain't the speakers that bump hearts, it's our hearts that make the beat." It makes me think about how the music industry is so much focused on how to make money, and how a lot of music these days just revolves around an repetitve tune and crude lyrics, how human beings were gifted with thought and should use it.
#2 Missing - Evanescence
Music Type: Rock?
Why I'm Listening: Evanescenceeeeeee 
What I Like About this Song: The tone of her voice is just so painful it almost makes me cry. It really illustrates how it feels to want to be wanted, to be missed, loved. It really hurts you deep inside.



#3 For the Love of Ivy - The Mamas and Papas
Music Type: 60s folk rock.
Why I'm Listening: It's on one of my records, I <3 this band.
What I Like About this Song: It really is a sweet song. I love how the singers voices come together. It gets you wondering who Ivy is.


#4 Can You Feel My Heart
Music Type: Emo Rock? Screamo kinda?
Why I'm Listening: Clarissa was listening one day and I looked it up.
What I Like About this Song: I really like the background music to this song, and the lyrics are really deep and suprisingly understandable.

#5 The Salt and the Sea - The Lumineers 
Music Type: Folk Rock/Indie
Why I'm Listening: My penpal wrote it in a playlist for me.
What I Like About this Song: It really calms me down sometimes and it has a beautiful melody that sticks in your head.

Okay thank you for reading and listening! If you already love some of these bands, let me know what your favorite song is. Happy Wednesday!
                                                                                    -V

5 comments:

  1. I love Missing and Holding On To You! I haven't heard the others, but they sound good. It looks like you've done a great job cleaning the basement so far. Can't wait to see what it will look like when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks McKayla! Your comments mean a lot. I think I might make a vlog for the finished basement, if I can find the camera!

      Delete
  2. Holding on to You is my jam! My sister challenged me to memorize all of the words and I'm getting close. I hadn't heard the others before, but I really liked the old time vibe with For the Love of Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Holding on to You! Evanescence and The Lumineers are really good too.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Valentines Day